To Our Vendors & Customers,
Everyone’s health and safety is important to us and we want to continue to provide the community with safe, nutritious, healthy food. Being a farmer’s market and working with food we have strict hygiene (hand washing) rules in place for both personal and health code reasons.
We want to share our process with you:
1. All surfaces, door handles, railings, scales, tables, etc. are being sanitized multiple times per day.
2. Hand washing is constant. We require our staff to hand wash upon entering the building, in between tasks, prior to touching food, after breaks or eating, and periodically throughout the day.
3. We are practicing sneezing or coughing into the elbow.
4. We are continuing to sanitize our crates after each use.
5. If our team members are ill, we are not allowing them to work. This fortunately, has not been an issue.
The Only Local Management
Only Local Farmers Market is open year-round, 7-days a week.
We are conveniently located on U.S. Highway 95, just north of Cocolalla Lake, between Coeur d’Alene and Sandpoint in Sagle, Idaho. Look for the rustic log cabin and our sign!
Open Monday through Saturday: 10 am to 6 pm
Sunday: 1 to 5 pm
Two Seasonal Outdoor Markets a Week
Beginning Thursday, May 14, 2020
Thursday: 3 to 6 pm
Saturday: 1 to 5 pm
Only Local is dedicated to promoting healthy, local food choices to you while supporting a thriving agricultural community.
Only Local Farmers Market brings the farm to your table – connecting you with the farmers and producers who grow your food.
We are a “producer-only” farmers’ market — we only sell products from the Idaho Panhandle region.
Outdoor Market Protocols
Advice for vendors:
- Vendors in high-risk categories or living with someone in this category should stay home.
- Vendors who are sick, or who have been in contact with anyone testing positive for Covid-19 should stay home.
- If possible, have two people at the booth: one to handle product and the other to handle money and delivery.
- Don’t allow customers to handle products.
- Pre-bag and weigh items if possible.
- Eliminate sampling, tasting, and customer handling of products.
- Have hand sanitizer at your booth.
- Clean & sanitize surfaces and objects frequently.
- Let customers know of alternate ways to access your products.
How customers can help:
- If you are in a high-risk group or live with someone who is, stay home. Stay home if you are sick.
- Wash your hands often and refrain from touching your face.
- Observe social distancing – stay 6 feet away from persons not in your household.
- Plan ahead: know who you will be visiting and what you will want to purchase to keep your trip short and to expedite your visit.
- Leave pets at home.
- Wash all products before consuming.
Fresh Products from Local Farmers and Producers
The products sold at Only Local Farmers Market didn’t travel far to arrive on your table!
The fresh produce at Only Local Farmers Market comes exclusively from farmers and producers of the Panhandle of Idaho. This means some of our fresh produce can be limited at certain times of the year, but you will always find locally-produced meats, dairy products, eggs, and baked goods.
We don’t sell bananas or pineapples at Only Local because they don’t grow here (at least not yet!), but you can find vine-ripened tomatoes in the early spring – months before they will arrive at a traditional famers’ markets.
How? Simple. We have several producers who grow a variety of produce using aquaponics and greenhouses to provide traditional “summer-season” produce much earlier in the season. These same growing methods also provide nutritious greens and lettuces throughout the year.
At Only Local you’ll find products with exceptional taste and nutritional quality.
We know where the vegetables and fruits were harvested and when — often only days or just hours ago!
See our products in What’s In Store and signup for our Newsletter below for the latest updates from our Market!
Shop Only Local
It’s 100% Better!
Locally grown produce is more nutritious and just tastes better. Fruits and vegetables are more nutritious and have better taste the longer they remain on the plant.
Once harvested, the nutritional value of produce begins to decline over time. The fresh produce sold at Only Local is harvested days – sometimes hours – before it is available to you for purchase.
Compare that to produce and other food products sold in supermarkets – it’s usually shipped from large commercial farms located thousands of miles away.
It can take weeks to arrive in store. In addition, many commercial products are picked under ripe and treated with a gas to give a ripe appearance. Not fresh. Not local.
For more information on the nutritional value of locally grown produce visit Idaho Preferred.
Sell with Us!
Only Local offers a unique selling opportunity for farmers, producers, and artisans that can’t be found anywhere else in northern Idaho.
We are a year-round farmers’ market, open 7-day per week to sell your products!
We are a producer-only farmers market — so if you grow it, raise it or make it, we are interested in selling it for you! Learn more on the Become a Vendor page or call (208) 265-2277 to talk with the Market Manager.